Fiber is the most important thing when you are involving yourself in knitting a cloth. Nevertheless, with Artfil, you don’t need to worry anymore about the quality of fiber as they are renowned for their best crochet wool in Quebec. In this blog, let’s discuss the 10 easy steps in which you can spin your own yarn:
- Material – The principle of spinning any fiber remains the same. However, Artfil can assist you with premium-quality hand knitting wool of Quebec for making the process even easier. To begin with, buy a good-quality roving.
- Pre-Draft – This process is all about stretching the roving with your hands which can vary from 2 to 4, or even 6 inches. You will have to stretch the roving until and unless it acquires double the length of its original form.
- Wrapping – For wrapping the pre-drafted roving, you will need a yarn bracelet. Try to wrap the entire pre-drafted roving on your wrist so that it stays right there.
- Attaching Leader – Leader is the next thing that you will need for the process to proceed. Use a scrap yarn that contains more than one strand. Tying a foot-long piece to the spindle will do the work. Always remember to tie it on the top of the spindle.
- Joining The Fiber – Pull out some of the new fibers from the roving. Spin your spindle in a clockwise motion, which will join the fiber to the leader. Let it spin until you notice the fiber getting twisted on the leader.
- Part And Draft – This method will allow a smooth fiber wrangling without using your hands. Try to sit steady and grab the spindle between your knees for the best result.
- Winding On – Now, you will need to unhook the yarn and wind 10 inches or more around the spindle. Hook your yarn once again and continue with the process.
- More Pre-Drafted Fibers – When the initial process comes to an end, try adding more fibers to the spindle. For this, you will have to repeat the process of teasing out new fibers and joining them. Twist them to make a good grip.
- Spin Without Parking – Coming to the ninth step, you may feel a bit easy in executing the process. You can now spin your spindle in many ways. Try to give your hands some rest and practice it more without parking the spindle. To achieve a full spindle, you will have to keep spinning it for a long time.
- Block – This is the last step in which you will have to remove the yarn from the spindle. Try making a hank and then remove it. This process is also known as ‘blocking.’
Now that you know how to spin a yarn, bear in mind that spinning your yarn does require many other things for ideal results. Therefore, try equipping yourself with the best knitting kits of Quebec brought by Artfil.