This shawl is available as KIT (click here)
Sentiers (Trails) is the first pattern of a serie featuring same afterthough crocheted intarsia technique. This symmetrical triangular shawl is simple, warm and squishy, quick to knit and makes the artisanal yarn Chalet really shine. It has vertical, contrasting stripes added with simple crochet technique, after the knit was done. A perfect project to participate in social knitting or just to take a break of complicated projects. It is suitable for beginners as well. The name is in French and means Trails. Choose your contrast colors in a way they will remind you trails you wish to walk.
Yarn: Chalet by ARTFIL, (50% Merino / 50% Hemp; 120 m 50 g. or any other DK weight yarn.
• MC – 4 (5) skeins approx. 480 (600) m, main col. Fraise/Strawberry
• CC1 – 1 (1) skein, approx. 100 m col. Hibou/Owl
• CC2 – approx. 20m. of same yarn in color Hamac
• CC3 – approx. 20m. of same yarn in color Pedalo
- US 7 (4.50 mm) 32”-40” circular needles or size to obtain gauge.
• Darning needle
• 14 Stitch markers
• 1 stitch marker in different color to mark the center stitch (optional)
This shawl is knit from center out, starting with garter tab cast-on and increased with four stitches every RS row.
Almost the entire shawl is worked in stockinette stitch. In same time columns of single purl stitches will be worked to create a valley of purls that will be used to crochet a contrast color stripe after the shawl is completely knitted.
It is very simple concept, but the pattern was written in a way a beginner knitter can work the project. A more advanced knitters may find the instructions too long.